Today, I am going to review a toner from the brand Lotus Herbals and i.e. Lotus Herbals Basiltone.
Price : 195/- for 100ml
A beautiful skin requires a good skincare regime. Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing are the three essential steps which everyone must follow in order to attain a beautiful, healthy skin.
Basically a skin toner performs these essential tasks for your skin :
- It tightens the pores.
- It provides deeper cleansing acti0n on your skin.
- It balances the pH levels within your skin.
- It controls oil.
- It can also improve the elimination of toxins, whisk away impurities and leave the skin feeling fresh and clean.
Therefore, we need to include a skin toner in our daily skincare regime.
However, we basically have 3 types of toners and they are :
1. Skin bracers or fresheners
These are the mildest form of toners; they contain virtually no alcohol (0-10%), water, and a humectant such as glycerine. Humectants help to keep the moisture in the upper layers of the epidermis by preventing it from evaporating. A popular example of this is rosewater. These toners are the gentlest to the skin, and are most suitable for use on dry, dehydrated, sensitive and normal skins. It may give a burning sensation to sensitive skin.
2. Skin tonics
These are slightly stronger and contain a small quantity of alcohol (up to 20%), water and a humectant ingredient. Orange flower water is an example of a skin tonic. Skin tonics are suitable for use on normal, combination, and oily skin.
These are the strongest form of toner and contain a high proportion of alcohol (20-60%), antiseptic ingredients, water, and a humectant ingredient. These are commonly recommended for oily skins as they are drying, but note that the removal of oil from the skin can lead to excess oil production as the skin tries to compensate for this and prevent moisture loss. Witch hazel is an example of an astringent. To prevent dehydration, astringent is best applied only to problem areas of skin, such as spots.
According to your skin type you should use the toners.
- As Dry and Sensitive skinned beauties should opt for skin freshening toners.
- Combination skinned beauties may opt for any of the three according to the skin’s condition as for combination type it gets oily at summers and dry at winters, so accordingly you must use.
- Coming to Oily skinned beauties, they can opt for the astringents as they would help to control the oil.
Coming to Lotus Herbals Basiltone toner
Lotus Herbal Basiltone toner comes in a sturdy plastic bottle with a pump. And it is made in a way that only two pumps are enough to cover your face and neck. The bottle is transparent so that you can see how much product is left, while using it.
It is basically for combination and oily skin types. I had been using this toner since 3 months from now and am quite satisfied with the results. It is a non- alcoholic toner which doesn’t sting my eyes and at the same time performs its job perfectly.
Since, i don’t have visible pores on my skin, therefore I cannot say anything about the pore reducing ability of this product. However, it does control the secretion of oil to a very good extent. I also observed that, when applied alone it doesn’t completely dry out my skin.
Here are the swatches of the toner :
Pros of the Product :
- It doesn’t sting unlike other alcohol based toners.
- Price is justified with the quality and quantity that it offers.
- One bottle easily lasts for 2 months, even if its used daily, thrice a day, which also makes it pocket friendly.
- Maintains the pH balance of the skin.
- It controls the oil secretion to a good extent.
- It helps absorb moisturizer/essence faster than normally the skin would do when applied without it.
Cons of the Product :
- It is only suitable for combination and oily skinned beauties, dry skinned beauties must keep this at bay as it results in drying the skin faster.
Apart from this, i don’t find any con of this product.
Final Review : Lotus herbals basiltone Toner is a good toner which doesn’t sting the eyes as well as maintains the pH balance of the skin by controlling the oil secretion. I would recommend this to combination and oily skinned beauties.
Rating : 4.5/5