Today i am going to review Lakme Enrich Lipcolor Classics – 461 Ginger Red.
Price : 225/- for 4.4ml
Company Claims :
Deep conditioning lipcolor enriched with Vit-E for softer lips, Contains strawberry, grapreseed and peach extracts to keep nourished and soft.
My Experience :
I bought this lipstick alongwith Lakme Enrich Classics – 352 Cherry, which I will be reviewing soon. Lakme Enrich Lipcolor Classics come in the same traditional” Lakme lipstick containers”. However, their package is travel friendly and it has got a golden band at the centre of the container, on which “LAKME” is clearly engraved..as you can see in the pictures.
I exfoliated my lips well and then applied it. Ginger Red shade is a deep brown with maroon undertones and comes along with very fine golden shimmer. It instantly brightens up your face. This shade would suit everyone. The formula is not so creamy, yet gives a satin finish to the lips. My lips did feel nourished and deeply conditioned from the very instant I applied it. I was quite happy with it till 1 and half hour . After that it started fading away first, the color and moisture started fading away from my lips and then after exactly 2 hours (from application) it completely disappeared from my lips, leaving behind those fine lines on my lips.
With the amount of nourishment and moisture, I expected Ginger Red shade to last a while but it disappointed me. It even transfers easily to almost every object that lips come in contact. As usual, no ingredients list and expiry date was mentioned. This particular shade faded away quicker than 352 Cherry shade. I am not going to buy lakme lipsticks again from this range, atleast till it develops more creamy texture and its lasting power, everytime touchups are not possible so I personally prefer lipsticks and lip glosses with long staying power.
Here, I had applied Lakme Enrich Lipcolor Classics in Ginger Red Shade :
It looks kind of maroon color, but it it is deep brown in color with maroon undertones..
Pros of the Product :
- It is reasonably priced.
- This particular shade looks too flattering on lips. It instantly brightens up the face.
- It gives a satin finish to the lips.
- It has got tiny golden shimmer particles which look beautiful on lips and doesn’t leave behind after the lipstick fades away from your lips unlike few lipsticks which leave shimmer behind even after the color fades away.
- It deeply nourishes and conditions your lips, from the very instant you apply it on your lips.
- It is easily available everywhere.
- It is deeply pigmented, and it shows well on pigmented as well as non-pigmented lips. One swipe easily covers the pigmented lips, however,I would recommend to use 2-3 swipes as it stays on for a better time duration.
- This particular shade would suit everyone.
Cons of the Product :
- Staying power is very less. After 1 and half hour, the moisture and color starts fading away and after exactly 2 hours of application, it completely disappears from your lips.
- It settles into fine lines after the product gets completely disappeared from your lips.
- Neither the ingredients list nor the expiry date is mentioned.
- The formula is not so creamy, unlike other brands with this price range.
- It transfers easily.
- Lakme scent is so much to my dislike.
Final Verdict : Lakme Enrich Lipcolor Classics – 461 Ginger Red shade is a pretty color which will suits everyone – Dusky to Fair skin tones. It shows well on pigmented as well as non-pigmented lips. It gives a satin finish with a deeply conditioned formula, which conditions dry lips perfectly. However, it has got a very poor staying power and it settles into fine lines which is a very disappointing thing with this product. Apart from these it would make a very good, budget friendly lipstick. I would recommend this to try atleast once as it would really flatter your face and at the same time won’t harm your pocket.
Rating : 3.5/5
Please leave behind your comments and let me know, which Lakme lipstick is your favourite one?