Today I am going to review Kulsum’s Kaya Hide-n-Heal Sandalwood Protective Base.
Price : 248/- for 50gms.
Company Claims :
A unique combination of Sandalwood and Yasad flowers useful for pimples, acne and dry skin. It protects the skin from sun rays and pollution. It is good for rashy allergic and sensitive skin. It acts as a foundation when it is not.
Method of Use :
Can be used at morning and evening in combination with “Kulsum’s Kaya Glow” for normal to oily skin and with “Kulsum’s Kaya Glow” for normal to dry skin. It has pores cleansing power and can be used several times a day.
My Experience :
As the Summer season approached, I wanted a cream which would be both light on my skin and would give a foundation-type finish to my skin and at the same time it shouldn’t be exactly a foundation as I personally don’t prefer applying foundation all the time. I tried BB cream from Maybelline but due to this extreme hot weather over here my skin got oily and acquired a dull appearance. So, after consulting a beautician from a local parlour, I bought Kulsum’s Kaya Hide-n-Heal cream.
Well, it comes in a sturdy, plastic, white jar which is hexagon in shape. It has got a screw cap, overall the package is quite travel friendly. The consistency of the cream is quite non-sticky and appears rosy in color and the fragrance is so refreshing that you’d love it.
After cleansing and toning my face, I apply it and to my surprise it absorbs quickly, leaving no greasiness behind! Well, the product claims that it acts as a foundation though its actually not a foundation and the claim seems to be true! It doesn’t make my skin dull, but bright by complexion. It acts like a tinted moisturiser. And, the best part of the product is that it contains the extracts & goodness of natural herbs which protect the skin from all kinds of skin problems like acne, pimples, rashes, etc.
It can be applied alone for a dewy finish or some compact can be dabbed over it to give a perfect foundation finish to your face. It gives a beautiful glow to your face. However, it is quite sheer by finish and it doesn’t hide heavy pigmentation, scars, skin blemishes, etc – just like any tinted moisturiser. But on regular usage you may find that it improves the texture of your skin, it even brightens your skin, overall giving you a flawless beautiful skin(this is observed only after regular usage of this cream till atleast 2 weeks or more).
You can use your fingers to apply it on your face. It would suit all types of skin. And the best part is that you can apply it as many times as you need in a day without even worrying about the consequences as it’s a herbal product and numerous applications wont hamper your skin.
But when I discontinued using it, my skin came back to its normal condition after 6days of discontinuation, which however states that the results are not long lasting. But it was quite helpful during the Summer season as I wanted a light and yet a luminous formula for my face. It can be applied throughout the year. Since it gives a beautiful dewy finish to my face, I don’t mind applying it throughout the year till it finishes off!!
Pros of the Product :
- It is reasonable priced.
- It gives a beautiful dewy finish to your face.
- The product can be re-applied many times in a day, without even bothering about the consequences as it’s a herbal product with no side-effects(personal experience).
- It acts like a foundation but actually is not a foundation.
- It absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving no greasiness behind for atleast 3hours or so.
- It consists of the goodness and extracts of natural herbs which help heal acne, pimples, and other skin disorders.
- The dewy finish lasts for about 2 hours even in extreme hot weather.
- The packaging is travel friendly.
- On regular usage, it improves the texture of the skin.
- It would suit all types of skin.
- You can use it throughout the year as its suitable to your face in all seasons.
Cons of the Product :
- No SPF.
- If discontinued, your skin gets back to its normal condition.
- It is quite sheer by coverage, it doesn’t hide heavy pigmentation, blemishes, etc. But, on regular usage you’d find that it does heal your skin.
- After 2 hours my t-zone gets oily and I need to dab on some loose powder on it.
Apart from these, I find it as a very good foundation type skin healing cream! In short, it is a multi-purpose cream.
Final Verdict : Kulsum’s Kaya Hide-n-Heal cream is a very good cream which acts as a tinted moisturiser and gives a beautiful dewy look to your face even in the most extreme hot weather. It absorbs quickly and no greasiness is observed atleast till 2-3 hours of application. However, it is quite sheer by coverage and wont hide heavy skin pigmentation, acne, scars just like any other tinted moisturiser. It would suit all types of skin. I’d recommend this to everyone!
Rating : 4.7/5