Hope you all enjoyed the review of Maybelline – the Colossal Kajal and now I present you a perfect primer of all.. Loreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer.
Price : 800/- for 15ml
Transform your bare skin texture:
The 1st smoothing primer that makes your lines & pores invisible for a visible and touchable smoothness.
Sensational Velvet Texture :
A unique blend of silicon oils and soft light powders create a sensational smoothing velvet formula to refine the skin.
- Smooth wrinkles & fine lines
- Perfectly hides pores
- Skin imperfections corrected
The rosy shade brings out the translucency on the bare skin tone.
Apply primer alone or under foundation.
- Rub the velvet texture between your fingers to ease the spreading.
- Apply a thin layer over the face, especially focusing on areas with fine lines & visible pores.
Smoothness you can touch, transformation you can see, even up close.
My Experience :
The company claims must’ve already allured you!! Well, it attracted me too and lets find out how far all of its claims seem true!!
Well, Loreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer comes in a small, transparent glass jar with a black colored cap which can be screwed open. Every detail regarding this product can be found on the outer cover/package of this product regarding manufacturing date, expiry date, directions to use, ingredients list and everything. And on the bottle you would find nothing except the name of the product and the brand. The color of this primer is soft rosy pink, which looks totally cute and girly. It has got very mild fragrance which fades away as soon as you apply it on your face. However, the consistency of this primer is quite thick, but as soon as you rub it between your fingers it gets really smooth & slippery to touch.
On application (after rubbing it between my fingers) I find my skin extremely smooth to touch, the velvety formula works very well on my skin. It gives a satin smooth finish to my skin which I completely adore it!! I also observed that it mattified my combination skin, even the t-zone area got perfectly mattified. It was a miracle for me, as all other primers that I used earlier never mattified my skin and the t-zone used to get oily just after half an hour of application. And when I applied foundation, my stippling foundation brush just went on very smoothly without getting uneven patches which generally I used to get and used to correct it with my foundation sponge. It lets your foundation paint your face effortlessly. And I required very less foundation to build the required even & coverage on your face. My foundation didn’t seem cakey at all.
For testing, I applied half of my face – foundation with primer and the other half without primer. I could easily distinguish one half from the other. The part where I applied foundation seemed natural, even and a bit glowing and the other half seemed a bit uneven, cakey and no glow (this was observed when I applied same amount of foundation with same types of strokes and blending ability). Even the pores seemed less visible, though not invisible completely. It does correct few minor skin imperfections, as my mom has few black spots on her face and when she applied it, her spots did get visibly lighter. The best part is that, you require very less product on your face and this jar goes a long way. Generally, the foundation around my cheeks & nose area tend to wear off soon, like after 1 hour of application. But when I applied my foundation with this primer, they were intact for 6 hours!! So, the makeup stays on even in those areas where your foundation wears off quickly when you put on this magical potion!! It mattifies the t-zone well as I required very less powder on my t-zone after applying this primer followed by foundation on my face. My foundation looked flawless.
On regular days, I just apply this primer and then apply my Revlon Colorstay Aqua Mineral Powder Foundation on top of it for a natural dewy look and it stays on well for good 3 hours and more. This primer is suitable for all types of skin and it goes on well with all types of foundations. Let it be liquid, cream or powder foundation, it goes well with any type of foundation. It lasted well even in the worst hot weather & my foundation survived well due to this magical product! He he!! It’s a wonderful product but has got a major turn of i.e. with since it is loaded with silicones, ladies who seem allergic to silicon must skip this!!
Pros of the Product :
- It is price effective.
- It mattifies the t-zone area. Oily and combination skinned beauties would love it.
- It provides a smooth base on skin for applying foundation..
- It makes your skin satin smooth to touch.
- You require very less product for your face.
- It blends your foundation very easily. Your foundation gets more even & you get better coverage.
- The mattifying effect lasts well for 6 hours.
- With this primer you require very less foundation for your face and neck.
- It does smoothen out fine wrinkles, hides dark spots to a great extent and reduces the visibility of pores on the surface of your skin.
- It suits all types of skin.
- 11. It goes on well with all types of foundation : be it liquid, cream or powder.
- It lets your makeup stay on well for longer duration of time.
- It survives well even in extreme hot weather condition & lets your foundation stay intact on your face.
- It doesn’t make your foundation get cakey on your face.
Cons of the Product :
- The jar packaging is not so hygienic as you have to dip in your fingers to apply it.
- It is loaded with silicones, ladies who have allergies to silicones must skip it.
Final Verdict : Loreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer is a wonderful product!! It smoothens your skin and provides a perfect base for you to apply foundation. It mattifies the t-zone area for good 6 hours. With this primer, you’d require very less foundation to build up an even & flawless look to your face and neck. It does reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles, dark spots and pores, though not completely but remarkably well. It lets your foundation/makeup stay intact for 6 hours+. It is suitable for all types of skin. It is even suitable for all types of foundation be it liquid, cream or powder. I’d recommend this magical potion to everyone!!
Rating : 5/5