Today I am going to review a non-alcoholic toner from Lotus Herbals i.e. Lotus Herbals Rosetone Toner.
Price : 185/- for 100ml
Company Claims :
Lotus Herbals Rosetone – Rose Petals Facial Skin Toner completes the perfect cleansing routine. Rose water & Tulsi tones up the skin while Aloe Vera nourishes, revitalizes, hydrates and maintains the natural pH balance of the skin leaving it fresh & clean.
After cleansing, wipe face & neck with cotton moistened with ROSETONE. Can be used as a cleanser to remove superficial impurities. Follow with Lotus Herbals ALPHAMOIST Alpha Hydroxy Skin Renewal Oil Free Moisturiser for best results.
My Experience :
After having a satisfying experience with Lotus Herbals Basiltone Toner, I bought Lotus Herbals Rosetone Toner as both are suitable for my combination skin type. I can use both the toners efficiently. Lotus Herbals Rosetone Toner is specially meant for dry skin. I really love the way it adds a hint of moisture to your face without giving you stretchy feeling. It smells incredibly well of Roses. It is a non-alcoholic toner, which also indicates that anyone can use it, it doesn’t sting or burn at all!!
The package is quite sturdy and comes in a plastic bottle with a pump dispenser. Two pumps easily cover your face and neck. The bottle is transparent and you can clearly see how much is still left. It did control the oil secretion on my face but just for about 1 hour. Since it has got moisturising properties also – dry skinned beauties would also adore it! But it may not work well with Combination and Oily skinned beauties as we require a strong toner which can help our skin control the oil secretion. It helps in reducing the frequent appearance of blackheads and whiteheads, but still I feel that it is not suitable for oily & combination skin. I’d strongly recommend this to dry skinned beauties only. However, combination skinned beauties can use it during winter season as our skin tends to be on drier side.
This toner is specially meant to maintain the pH balance of dry-normal skin type. And with regular usage I did observe that with dry skinned beauties, the moisture works well but with combination skin it tends to make it oily just after an hour of application. It helps your skin absorb the cream or moisturiser (that you use daily) faster than generally your skin would when you apply your cream/moisturiser without applying this toner. It is a multi-purpose product as it also acts as a cleanser to remove the dirt and grime off your face and at the same time doesn’t make your skin stretchy or dry at all! Overall, it is a good toner meant for selected skin types i.e. for Dry-Normal skin types.
Pros of the Product :
- It doesn’t sting at all, unlike other alcohol based toners.
- It is reasonably priced.
- One bottle easily lasts for about 2 months, even if it is used daily.
- It maintains the pH balance of your skin.
- It controls the frequent appearance of blackheads and whiteheads to a great extent.
- It helps absorb the moisturiser or cream faster than normally your skin would do when applied alone.
- The packaging is quite sturdy and travel friendly.
- The pump dispenser lets you take exact amount of product thus prevents wastage.
- The fresh fragrance of roses is incredibly awesome! You’d love it!!
- It is a multi-purpose product, can be also used as a cleanser to remove impurities of your skin.
- 11. It adds a hint of moisture to your face and thus avoids in making your skin feel stretchy and dry.
Cons of the Product :
- Though it claims that it is meant for combination skin type also, but I feel it a bit more moisturising for combination skin type. As right after 1 hour of application, my skin gets oily which doesn’t make it apt for combination skin.
Apart from this, I don’t find any con associated with it!
Final Verdict : Lotus Herbals Rosetone Toner is a very good toner for dry skinned beauties, as it adds a hint of moisture to the skin. It smells incredibly well of roses, which you’d love it and for those who don’t like..no need to worry as it hardly lasts for few seconds. It doesn’t sting or burn at all. It helps in maintaining the pH balance for dry skin. It also helps in reducing the frequent occurrence of blackheads and whiteheads to a great extent. But it may not work so well with combination skin. So, I’d recommend this to dry skinned beauties!!
Rating : 3/5