Hope you all are having a great weekend!! I feel more attached to you by writing for you. Even if I hardly find time for it, I make sure that I am writing for you. Your responses to my reviews give me more encouragement and it also helps me in enhancing the content of all my articles. I thank each and everyone for their love nad affection!!
And with all these…today I am going to review The Bodyshop Sweet Lemon Lip Butter.
Price : 255/- for 10ml
Company Claims :
Enjoy beautifully kissable lips with a rich, intensive moisturizer enriched with luscious lemon seed oil and a creamy butter-like texture that melts onto the lips.
This buttery balm melts onto the lips for instant hydration. It contains real lemon seed oil.
- Buttery texture
- Leaves lips feeling soft and smooth
My Experience :
I had always wanted to own a lip butter as I heard a lot that lip butters have excellent moisturising properties. And what best can be than The Bodyshop brand? So, without giving a second thought I bought The Bodyshop Sweet Lemon Lip Butter.
The packaging of this lip balm is too cute!! I too feel that tubs can be very cute and adorable. Well, it basically comes in a yellow tub with a screw cap over it. The packaging is quite sturdy and travel friendly. At top of the cap you’d find the name of the lip butter. As you unscrew the cap, you’d be strongly attracted by the sweet smell of lemon – which seems so fresh and natural that you’d really get confused that whether its really a lip butter or a lemon! Hehehe!! And the consistency of this lip butter is creamy or to say rather buttery to touch. It is quite non-sticky which would make it score brownie points here! It doesn’t give any waxy feeling to the lips at all. But the only problem is that, it tends to impart a whitish cast on your lips which I don’t think everybody would like it, especially the ones with pigmented lips!
However, it does tend to impart a glossy look to the lips. It does heal chapped lips very well, especially if you apply a thick layer of it at night before sleeping.
It feels really light on lips, you’d barely feel it on your lips. It does make your lips beautiful and healthy within few days of application. The staying power of this lip butter is for about 2-3 hours depending on various factors, for example: your meals, etc. Since it comes in a tub, you need to dip in your fingers to get the product, but you can also use Q-tip for applying it on your lips. The best part is that when it is used under lipsticks, it increases the staying power of lipsticks. It doesn’t look ugly at all! So, for those with dry lips like mine can easily opt for it to make your lipstick last longer. With regular usage, you’d find that your lips become quite soft and supple.
Pros of the Product :
- It is reasonably priced. As for the price, you get a lot of product and it is going to last forever!!
- The packaging is quite sturdy and travel friendly.
- It has got amazing healing properties for lips.
- With regular usage, you’d find that your lips become healthy and supple.
- It stays on for about 2-3 hours.
- It imparts a glossy look to your lips.
- It is deeply moisturising for lips.
- It feels completely light on lips.
- It doesn’t feel waxy at all.
- It has got an amazing sweet fragrance of lemon.
- It can be used as a base coat on lips while applying lipstick, to make it last longer.
Cons of the Product :
- It tends to impart a whitish cast on lips, which doesn’t look so comfortable on pigmented lips.
- Since it comes in a tub, you need to dip in your fingers to get the product.
- It is not only easily available. Though you can still order it online.
Final Verdict :
The Bodyshop Sweet Lemon Lip Butter is a very good lip butter. It heals chapped lips very well and gives you soft and supple lips within few days of usage. It is very light and glossy on lips. It stays on for about 2-3 hours. It can be used as a base for lipsticks which tend to dry your lips out and that helps increase the staying power of your lipsticks. I’d recommend this to everyone!! Atleast try once!!
Rating : 3.2/5