Today I am going to review a very good lotion from Enliven i.e. Enliven Skin Care Vitamin A &E Hand and Body Lotion.
Price : 175/- for 400ml
Company Claims :
My Experience :
As the summer season started I wanted to switch to a light and yet moisturisng body lotion, which would be non- sticky and which would take care of my skin as well. I bumped into this body lotion as I was going through few of Enliven products.
Enliven Skin Care Vitamin A &E Hand and Body Lotion comes in a sturdy plastic bottle. It is semi-transparent. It has got a flip cap which makes it easy to handle and store. I generally tend to have problems with other types of caps which tend to get spilled over – but this one doesn’t! Well the consistency of this lotion is medium and is white in color. It is a water-based lotion, which is why is so ideal for Summers!!! It has got a mild, sweet fragrance which makes me drool over it!!!!!
On application, you’d observe that it doesn’t get absorbed properly into skin. You need to massage it for a minute and then it sinks into your skin. But once it gets absorbed, it is not at all greasy to touch – which is a very good thing about this product. Even you’d observe that your skin becomes more healthy and supple. However, the staying power of this lotion is very low. In summer season only, it stays for about 3.5-4 hours and after that your skin gets back to what it was before. So re-application is required to make your skin look supple again. I think, with this low staying power – it can be an ideal lotion for both summer season and monsoons. It hydrates your skin well – when applied right after your bath. For the price you get a lot of quantity- which makes it more economical. It will easily last for more than 2 months, even if it is applied daily.
Pros of the Product :
- It is quite economical – when quantity and quality are considered over price.
- Sturdy packaging with flip cap makes it hygienic to use.
- Quantity lasts for more than 2 months even if its used daily.
- It is water-based lotion.
- Staying power is about 4 hours – which makes it ideal for usage during summer season and monsoons.
- It doesn’t give a greasy feeling at all.
- It makes your skin healthy and supple on application.
- It has got a mild, sweet fragrance.
Cons of the Product :
- You need to massage it for about one minute to get it absorbed in your skin.
- It is not suitable for winters – because of its very low staying power.
- It has no SPF.
- It has got loads of parabens.
- Availability is an issue as its only/ mostly available online only. I did not find it even in shopping malls over here (Banglore).
Overall Verdict : Enliven Skin Care Vitamin A &E Hand and Body Lotion is a good lotion for Summer season as well as Monsoons i.e. the time when you need minimum hydration. It is water-based lotion which makes your skin healthy and supple. It doesn’t give you any greasy feeling after getting absorbed in your skin. Overall, a good body lotion from Enliven.
Rating : 3/5