Today I am going to review one of the most sought after lipsticks from Lakme Absolute Matte Range i.e. Lakme Absolute Matte in Brilliant Kiss.
Price : 375/- for 3.6gm
Company Claims :
Ensure a proper pout while you enhance the beauty of your lips, with Lakme Absolute Matte. Enriched with Vitamin E and wheat germ oil, this keeps the lips smooth, silky and soft. Now enjoy the special attention along with an attractive matte finish as the non-drying creamy formula keeps the lips hydrated.
- Is non-transferable.
- Doesn’t look patchy.
- Wear time of over 6 hours at least, but it doesn’t disappear completely until you remove it.
- Good variety of shades, along with quite a few unique and uncommon colors.
My Experience :
After having a good experience with Lakme Absolute Matte in Classic Rose, I decided to try Lakme Absolute Matte in Brilliant Kiss also. I had always loved matte lipsticks more than shiny or sparkly ones. But at the same time, ,ate lipsticks tend to dry out my lips which is obvious and I am ok with it. However, I had observed that application of lip balm over the lipstick helps overcome that.
Well, coming back to the lipstick – it’s a silver colored bullet with the label of Lakme Absolute Matte on it. At the bottom of the bullet you can find the name and number of the shade. It is sturdy and travel friendly. The lipstick has got a good moulded shape, which makes it easier to apply on lips.
The texture of this lipstick is not so creamy but it does glide on smoothly on your lips. Since it’s a matte lipstick – I would always advise you to exfoliate your lips well and moisturize it before applying the lipstick. It is a very good matte lipstick – I had completely fallen in love with Lakme Absolute Matte in Classic Rose and same goes with Brilliant Kiss. It looks too beautiful on lips. it atleast has got a very good pigmentation. However, atleast 2 swipes are required to cover pigmented lips. Still, you can apply 1 swipe for that stainy appearance on your lips.
On application, you will observe that it is semi-creamy by appearance on lips, and when you leave it on for about 5-10 secs it dries up. It is a beautiful deep plum shade. It has got a staying power of about 2-3 hours and after that it fades away eventually. It doesn’t settle into fine lines which is quite surprising for a matte lipstick formula! It is non-transferable and stays intact for about 2-2.5 hours and fades away after that. It survives mild snacks, but with heavy meals it completely vanishes from your lips. the color and the matte finish is something which would make you adore this product.
Pros of the Product :
- It is a very good matte lipstick.
- The packaging is sturdy and travel friendly.
- It doesn’t feather or bleed.
- It is a beautiful plum shade – which would suit everyone.
- It has got very good pigmentation. 1 swipe – stainy appearance to your lips, 2 swipes – build a beautiful color on your lips.
- It has got good staying power for about 2-3 hours.
- It doesn’t settle into fine lines.
Cons of the Product :
- For the price 375/- I would expect a bit more staying power.
- Since its a matte lipstick – its very drying and you need a lip balm to continuously moisturize your lips.
Final Verdict : Lakme Absolute Matte in Brilliant Kiss is a beautiful plum colored, matte lipstick which would suit everyone. It has got very good pigmentation. The formula is quite a bit creamy. It doesn’t settle into fine lines – which is a surprising attribute if a matte lipstick! I’d recommend this to everyone!!
Rating : 4/5